Digital Image Collections
- The British Library – A selection of web resources from the library’s own digitized collection.
- Croatian Glagolitic Manuscripts – An annotated listing with links to Croatian manuscripts written in Glagolitic script
- Digital Scriptorium – An image database of medieval and renaissance manuscripts from many institutions. The advanced search is particularly useful.
- Special Treasures from the Jewish Theological Seminary
- The Medieval Beastiary – Images and information about animals in medieval bestiaries with lists by animal or manuscript; also includes books and articles about animals in the middle ages.
- National Library of the Netherlands – Medieval illuminated manuscripts.
- National Library of Russia –
The Ostromir Gospel and the Manuscript Tradition of the New Testament Texts Exhibition site – includes Greek, South Slavonic and Old Russian manuscripts (in English)
- The Pierpont Morgan Library – The Morgan Library & Museum’s renowned collection of medieval and Renaissance manuscripts.
- The Ostromir Gospel and the Manuscript Tradition of the New Testament Texts Exhibition site – includes Greek, South Slavonic and Old Russian manuscripts (in English)
- Hill Museum Manuscript Collection – Collection for the Hill Museum & Manuscript Library holdings
- Medieval Writing – Basic Paleography Bibliography – includes examples and exercises to learn about medieval writing, covers book hands, document hands and personal hands.
- Art of Arabic Calligraphy – Overview of arabic calligraphy including history, development over time and examples.
- Ink Corrosion Prognosis
- Writing & Illuminating & Lettering – Digitized version of the 1917 Edward Johnston book.
- Linugraphy – Generates a PDF for lined calligraphy practice paper based on parameters you enter.
- Pigments Through the Ages – History, manufacture, and technical details about pigments – not all are period.
- Online Calendar of Saints Days – Focused on saints days recognized in the Middle Ages and Renaissance.
- Epistolae: Medieval Women’s Letters – C
ollection of letters to and from women – Latin transcriptions and English translations.
- In Parentheses – Medieval texts translated into English.
- Hanover Historical Texts Project – Transcriptions of various historical texts.
- Alys’s “Mad Libs” Wording for SCA Scribes – A tool for SCA scribes to find and use more period wording
- Resources of the Wordsmiths of the East — Various links of useful information.
- A Heraldic Primer – A primer designed to equip the interested novice with the most basic of vocabulary that they need to be able to fuel further study.
- Heraldic Dictionary – University of Notre Dame’s, nicely illustrated introduction to heraldry.
- Heraldic Glossary – Search in and get translations for 6 languages or browse with Atlas.
- SCA Online Armorial – Search for registered SCA names and arms.
- Eastern Crown Herald Letters – Find submissions and results for names & arms in the East by date – LoI includes pictures of arms.
- Book of Traceable Heraldic Art – Black and white drawings of various heraldic charges as produced for the Pennsic heraldry consult table.