The Tyger Clerk of the Signet is the head of the East Kingdom College of Scribes. In this role, the Signet is responsible for the promotion of scribal arts throughout the East Kingdom, inclusive of but not limited to the assignment and coordination of award documents (called scrolls) produced for Kingdom Courts. These scrolls are requested by the Crown through the Signet Office for production; the Signet then assigns the scrolls to volunteer artists (generally referred to as scribes) who are registered with the College of Scribes for the purpose of handmade creation of their work in various forms of artistic media, to be later turned in at a Royal Progress (RP or HP) and given out in Court by the Crown or its representatives to individual recipients at the whim of the Royalty.
In addition, the Signet provides direct or indirect educational support to all scribes throughout the Kingdom, including through The Signet themselves, the individual Deputies within the Signet Office Staff, through events, classes, and activities; through the promotion of individual classes held both inside and outside the East Kingdom, through local, Regional and Kingdom scriptoriums; through published and digital media such as the East Kingdom Scribes Handbook, and through the promotion of many other publications and events both online and offline related to the scribal arts.
While the Office of the Signet does not oversee the creation of scrolls for Baronial or local award documents, the Signet Office and its Staff does offer its support and resources to all scribes across the Kingdom (inclusive of local scribes) and to all others who would seek to share their knowledge and interest in the scribal arts with their fellow artisans.
Historical Record of the Tyger Clerk of the Signet:
- 06/1976 – 02/1977 Lord Frederic the Silent The office was created by Alaric and Yseult in 1976.
- 02/1977 – 10/1979 Master Berowne of Arden
- 10/1979 – 01/1983 Countess Aidan ni Leir By 1981, EK Law had changed to make the Tyger Clerk a Greater Office of State with a two-year term turning over in January.
- 01/1983 – 08/1984 Master Johannes von Narrenstein
- 08/1984 – 01/1986 Mistress Katrina von Halstern
- 01/1986 – 01/1987 Mistress Gabriella Maddalena Pisano
- 01/1987 – 01/1989 Lord Walter de Witte
- 01/1989 – 01/1991 Lord Walter de Witte
- 01/1991 – 01/1993 Master Harold von Auerbach
- 01/1993 – 01/1995 Duchess Katherine Stanhope
- 01/1995 – 01/1997 Mistress Ygraine of Preston
- 01/1997 – 01/1999 Mistress Eloise of Coulter
- 01/1999 – 01/2001 Duchess Katherine Stanhope
- 01/2001 – 01/2003 Duchess Katherine Stanhope
- 01/2003 – 04/2005 Mistress Michel Almond de Champagne (unofficially Michel stepped down 01/2005)
- 04/2005 – 04/2006 Mistress Anne Elaina of Rivers Bend (unofficially began doing the job in 01/2005)
- 04/2006 – 01/2008 Duchess Katherine Stanhope
- 01/2008 – 01/2011 Mistress Khioniya Nikolaevna Ryseva
- 01/2011 – 01/2015 Mistress Kayleigh MacWhyte
- 01/2015 – 02/2017 Mistress Nest verch Tangwistel
- 02/2017 – 01/2020 Master Nataliia Anastasiia Evgenova Sviatoslavina vnuchka
- 01/2020 – 02/2021 Mistress Eva Woderose
- 02/2021 – present Baroness Æsa feilinn Jossursdottir